Further information on facelifts:
- You can also classify facelifts according to the facial area being treated. You have the option of a forehead lift and/or browlift, face and neck lift, which aim to tighten not only the skin but also the muscle (platysma), which is responsible for the aged appearance of the neck.
- There are many causes of ageing of the skin: in addition to genetics (which is a key cause), there are also environmental factors, such as excessive sun exposure, alcohol and tobacco abuse, emotional stress, poor nutrition, skin diseases, major body weight loss and hormonal changes.
- It may be helpful to turn to your plastic surgeon when your appearance does not reflect how you really feel.
- Cosmetic facial surgery often resolves more than just a wrinkle issue: the fundamental idea is to achieve the right distribution of facial volume. The goal is for the final appearance not to look "pulled" but natural.
- The current trend is moving towards soft lifts, such as short scar facelifts: before going under the knife, there are various non-surgical methods that can solve issues of wrinkles and volume, such as hyaluronic acid, Botox, injectable fillers or even skin applications (peeling). Less invasive surgical methods have recently become very popular, such as facelifts using absorbable stitches.
- The plastic surgeon's profession inseparably tied to balance, harmony and common sense.